©Science Photo Library RF/Getty Images
- Are you familiar with the terms “acid reflux” or “heartburn”?
- Do you know what dementia is?
- connect /kuh-NEKT/
- prescription /pri-SKRIP-shuhn/
- prove /proov/
- limit /LIM-it/
- warn /wawrn/
[verb] – to join or be joined with something else
The new bridge will connect the two sides of the city over the river.
[noun] – a piece of paper on which a doctor writes the details of the medicine or drugs that someone needs
After the doctor’s appointment, I went to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription.
[verb] – to show that something is true
The scientist conducted experiments to prove the hypothesis.
[noun] – the greatest amount, number, or level of something that is either possible or allowed
The speed limit on this road is 50 miles per hour.
[verb] – to make someone realize a possible danger or problem, especially one in the future
The weather forecast warned of heavy rain and thunderstorms in the area.
True or False:
- Recent research has confirmed that PPIs are completely safe and have no associated health risks.
- The study recommends considering alternative options for managing heartburn and acid reflux, such as antacids, H2 blockers, diet changes, and weight loss.
- PPIs have been proven to be the sole cause of kidney failure, stroke, and early death in individuals using them.
- The study serves as a warning about the potential risks of extended PPI use and underscores the need for caution and medical consultation.
- The study suggests that PPIs should be used without any consideration of potential risks or side effects.
Fill in the blanks:
- Make sure to follow the instructions on the ____________ for the correct dosage and usage of the medication.
- There is a _____ to how much weight this elevator can carry safely.
- Her speech was able to _______ with the audience on a deeply emotional level.
- The signs on the beach ______ visitors about the strong currents in the water.
- His success in the competition ______ his dedication and hard work.