- Have you ever played chess before? What do you know about the rules of chess?
- Who are the famous chess players from your country?
- eagerly /EE-ger-lee/
- sensation /sen-SEY-shuhn/
- astonish /uh-STON-ish/
- rapid /RAP-id/
- praise /preyz/
[adverb] – in a way that shows that you want to do or have something very much, especially something interesting or enjoyable
The children eagerly opened their presents on Christmas morning.
[noun] – a person or thing that attracts a lot of attention, excitement, or interest due to their extraordinary abilities, achievements, or qualities
The young artist’s unique painting style quickly became a sensation in the art world, drawing attention and admiration from critics and art enthusiasts alike.
[verb] – to surprise someone very much
The magician’s tricks never failed to astonish the audience.
[adjective] – fast or sudden
The company’s rapid growth in the past year has been impressive.
[verb] – to express admiration or approval of the achievements or characteristics of a person or thing
The teacher was praising the students for their hard work and dedication.
This much-anticipated clash comes over a year after Praggnanandhaa astonished the global chess community by defeating Carlsen in an online rapid chess tournament. This remarkable achievement not only made him the youngest player to conquer the reigning world champion since Carlsen’s 2013 victory but also gained widespread recognition in India. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar were among those praising Praggnanandhaa’s extraordinary skills. Hailing from Chennai, known as India’s “chess capital,” Praggnanandhaa’s journey began when he was just 2 years old, inspired by his older sister. He nurtured his skills at the Bloom Chess Academy and achieved early successes, including winning gold in the Asian Championships and clinching victory in the World Youth Chess Championships for under-8s and under-10s. A remarkable milestone was his emergence as the youngest-ever international chess master at the age of 10 years, 10 months, and 19 days. As he once again faces Carlsen, Praggnanandhaa’s inspiring journey continues to captivate the imagination of chess enthusiasts around the world.
- Who is Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa, and what is he affectionately known as?
- What historic battle is Praggnanandhaa about to engage in, and who is his opponent?
- How did Praggnanandhaa earn his spot in the showdown against Magnus Carlsen?
- How did Praggnanandhaa astonish the global chess community prior to his upcoming match against Carlsen?
- What recognition did Praggnanandhaa’s victory over Carlsen in an online rapid chess tournament bring to him?
- Have you ever been fascinated by a competitive situation in sports or intellectual activities, similar to the upcoming chess match between Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa and Magnus Carlsen? If so, what intrigues you about such rivalries? If not, is there another type of competition that you find interesting?
- Have you ever seen a young person achieve impressive success in a specific area at such a young age? If so, how did their accomplishments influence your thoughts on talent and dedication? If not, can you recall a time when you were amazed by someone’s outstanding achievements?
- Do you find the story of Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa’s journey in the world of chess to be inspiring and captivating?
- What qualities do you believe young talents like Praggnanandhaa need to handle the pressures and expectations that come with competing at the highest levels?
- How might achieving success at a young age impact their personal and professional development over the long term?