©Provided by Forbes
- diagnosis /dahy-uhg-NOH-sis/
- adverse /ad-VURS/
- disclose /dih-SKLOHZ/
- commence /kuh-MENS/
- attribute /uh-TRIB-yoot/
[noun] – a judgment about what a particular illness or problem is, made after examining it
The doctor’s swift and accurate diagnosis allowed for timely treatment of the patient’s condition.
[adjective] – having a negative or harmful effect on something
His health began to deteriorate due to the adverse side effects of the medication.
[verb] – to make something known publicly, or to show something that was hidden
The whistleblower decided to disclose the company’s unethical practices to the public, shedding light on the hidden truth.
[verb] – to begin something
The ceremony will commence at 3 p.m. sharp.
[verb] – to say or think that something is the result of a particular thing
The scientist attributed the breakthrough discovery to years of meticulous research and collaboration with her team.
This rise is attributed to notable improvements in access to and provision of healthcare services across many nations. Notably, regions heavily impacted by the pandemic have made substantial recoveries in TB services. The WHO Director-General, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, expressed optimism about the substantial progress made, highlighting the unique opportunity to bring about the conclusion of the TB story. On a global scale, an estimated significant number of people fell ill with TB in 2022, up from the preceding year. Geographically, in 2022, the majority of people who developed TB were located in regions significantly affected by the pandemic. Although TB-related deaths saw a slight decrease, disruptions due to COVID-19 led to additional TB-related fatalities during the past years. Multidrug-resistant TB (MDR-TB) remains a significant public health concern, with efforts being made to improve treatment accessibility. The report also acknowledges some progress in developing new TB diagnostics, drugs, and vaccines. However, overall investment in these areas remains a limiting factor.
- Have you ever come across information or campaigns related to tuberculosis (TB) in your community or online? If yes, did you find the information helpful or informative, and did it influence your understanding of TB? If not, do you think it’s important for such information to be more widely available? Why or why not?
- Have you ever encountered historical accounts or documentaries that discuss the impact of tuberculosis (TB) on societies in the past? If yes, how did it influence your understanding of the challenges faced by communities dealing with TB historically? If not, would you be interested in learning more about this aspect of history? Why or why not?
- Do you think the progress made in combating tuberculosis (TB) in 2022, as highlighted in the WHO’s 2023 Global TB report, is primarily a result of improved access to healthcare services?
- How do you believe the strengths and weaknesses of the healthcare system in your country have influenced its ability to respond effectively to public health challenges like tuberculosis, as highlighted in the WHO’s 2023 Global TB report?
- In light of the challenges posed by diseases like tuberculosis (TB), what specific health issues do you believe should be prioritized for comprehensive attention and action in your country’s healthcare system, and why?
- healthcare service