- Do electric concept cars run on electricity?
- Do you think electric concept cars produce harmful emissions like traditional cars?
- introduce /in-truh-DOOS/
- perform /per-FAWRM/
- vehicle /VEE-i-kuhl/
- display /dih-SPLEY/
- exhibition /ek-suh-BISH-uhn/
[verb] – to make goods or services available to be bought for the first time
The company plans to introduce its innovative electric scooter to the market next month, making it available for purchase for the first time.
[verb] – to do a job, task, or duty
The mechanic will perform a thorough inspection of the car’s engine to identify and fix any issues.
[noun] – a machine, usually with wheels and an engine, used for transporting people or goods, especially on land:
I’m thinking about buying a new vehicle because my old one keeps breaking down.
[verb] – to arrange something or a collection of things so that it can be seen by the public
The art gallery will display the paintings of local artists next week, allowing the public to admire their talent.
[noun] – an event at which objects such as paintings are shown to the public, a situation in which someone shows a particular skill or quality to the public, or the act of showing these things
The museum is showing a special space exhibition with fun things to see and learn about stars and planets.
True or False:
- Mercedes-Benz introduced new electric cars at the IAA Mobility event in Munich.
- These new cars are designed to perform better than Tesla’s models.
- Mercedes-Benz displayed various models at the exhibition.
- Mercedes-Benz aims to surpass Tesla’s Model 3 and Model S in range.
- German car companies are committed to leading in the electric vehicle industry.
Fill in the blanks:
- The science ___________ features interactive installations and educational presentations.
- The art gallery will ___________ a collection of stunning paintings by local artists.
- My dream ___________ is a sleek and stylish sports car.
- The talented musician will ___________ a live concert on Saturday night.
- Mercedes-Benz plans to ___________ its latest electric car model at the upcoming auto show.