©NASA/ESA/CSA/Joseph Olmsted (STScI)
- Have you ever heard of an ‘exoplanet’ before?
- Do you know what makes exoplanets different from regular planets?
- condition /kuhn-DISH-uhn/
- connect /kuh-NEKT/
- atmosphere /AT-muhs-feer/
- mystery /MIS-tuh-ree/
- explore /ik-SPLAWR/
[noun] – the particular state that something or someone is in
The old house was in poor condition, with peeling paint and a leaking roof.
[verb] – to consider a person or thing as related in some way to something else
I am connected to this phone.
[noun] – a mixture of gases that surrounds any planet
The atmosphere in the room was tense as the two opposing sides of the debate prepared to present their arguments.
[noun] – something strange or not known that has not yet been explained or understood
The mystery was solved when the police discovered the murder weapon.
[verb] – to search a place and discover things about it
I love to explore new places and uncover their hidden treasures.
True or False:
- The James Webb Space Telescope is mentioned as a powerful tool for studying space in the article.
- K2-18b is located 120 light-years away from Earth, according to the article.
- The article states that K2-18b’s conditions may be suitable for life.
- The article mentions that K2-18b has an atmosphere with methane and carbon dioxide but no ammonia.
- The James Webb Space Telescope’s mission includes exploring more distant planets beyond K2-18b.
Fill in the blanks:
- The bridge was built to ___________ two previously separated towns, making travel more convenient for the residents.
- The disappearance of ancient civilization remains a ___________ that historians and archaeologists continue to investigate.
- In order to maintain good health, it’s essential to monitor your ___________ and make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Many astronauts dream of going into space to ___________ the vast unknown and make new discoveries.
- The Earth’s ___________ consists of several layers, including the troposphere and stratosphere.