- Are you familiar with esports?
- Do you like computer games?
- announce /uh-NOUNS/
- activity /ak-TIV-i-tee/
- support /suh-POHRT/
- popular /POP-yuh-ler/
- match /mach/
[verb] tell people about something officially
The principal announced yesterday that there will be no class today.
[noun] an organized event
She was so excited to start the school activity.
[verb] to give encouragement or approval of someone or something to succeed
My parents support me in pursuing my dreams.
[adjective] liked, enjoyed, or supported by many people
Korean music is popular nowadays.
[noun] a sports competition or event in which two people or teams compete against each other
I will watch the football match on television.
True or False:
- The esports event will be done for three days.
- The government plans to put 50 million yen budget for the esports event.
- The esports event will be on April 27, 2019.
- Esports is not popular in North America, Europe, and China.
- “Pro Evolution Soccer 2019” is a video game.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- Kate got sick so she was not able to join the ______.
- Volleyball is a ______ sport.
- He did not win the tennis ______.
- My teacher ______ the best student in our class today.
- She ______ all his decisions in life.