- Do you use social media sites? Why or why not?
- How often do you use social networking sites?
- huge /yooj/
- unaware /uhn-uh-wair/
- impact /im-pakt/
- attitude /at-i-tood/
- recognize /rek-uhg-nahyz/
[noun] extremely large in amount or size
Her last book signing was a huge success.
[adjective] not understanding or realizing something
Angela is unaware of the announcement made by the principal.
[noun] a powerful effect that something has on a situation or person
Your friend can make a great impact in your life.
[noun] a feeling or opinion about something or someone
My attitude depends on how you treat me.
[verb] to know someone or something because you have seen or heard him
She has to recognize that she needs to improve some of her skills.
Based on the result, avoiding Facebook makes them unaware of other social events but it made a great impact on the participants’ attitude and well-being. Moreover, experts think that staying away from Facebook could help people recognize the pros and cons in their lives. It also strengthened their connection with their friends and loved ones. Facebook did not instantly give any comments about the study, but a spokesperson said in another report that Facebook is encouraging valuable connection through its site.
- How many Facebook users participated on the research?
- What is the title of the study mentioned in the article?
- What can be improved on deactivating Facebook?
- From what universities are the researchers?
- What was the result of the study?
- Do you think social networking sites are important in our lives? Please explain your answer.
- In your opinion, what are the advantages and disadvantages of social networking sites? Please explain your answer.
- How do you balance your online and offline activities?
- In your opinion, why do people use social networking sites? Please explain your answer.
- In your opinion, how much time in a day should people spend on social media sites Why?