- resolve /ri-zolv/
- workforce /wurk-fohrs/
- sector /sek-ter/
- amend /uh-mend/
- immigration /im-i-grey-shuhn/
[verb] to solve or end a problem or difficulty
The office staff worked quickly and effectively to resolve the problem.
[noun] the group of people who work in a company, industry, or country
The company has to reduce its workforce to cut their labor cost.
[noun] one of the areas into which the economic activity of a country is divided
Most of the employees in a private sector are not given a paid medical leave.
[verb] to change the words of a text, especially a law or a legal document
The judge agreed to amend my date of birth on my birth certificate.
[noun] the act of someone coming to live in a different country
The Prime Minister signed the new immigration bill which will be effective in April.
The government amended the immigration law to invite more foreign workers which include nurses. This new immigration system will give a chance to foreign caregivers to work and live in the country under “kaigo” residential status. Some prefectures also offer Japanese language courses to foreign caregivers. Overseas Careers Development Association Representative Director Yoko Amari said that it is essential to build good support to the foreign nursing students in their community.
True or False:
- The Japanese government will not provide educational assistance to the foreign nurses.
- The scholarship assistance to foreign nurses aims to solve the labor scarcity in Japan.
- Japan will not need more workers by 2025.
- Japanese legislation did not change the immigration policy.
- Japan will welcome more foreign workers in the next five years.
- Do you think it is good for students to have a part time job? Why or why not?
- What advice can you give to the foreign students or workers?
- Do you think that a good education guarantees a good job? Please explain your answer.
- Would you like to work in another country? Why or why not?
- What is the most popular job in your country? Please explain your answer.
Express Your Opinion:
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
- “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “It was very liberating living in a foreign country, a place where everything was new- the food, the customs, the climate, everything.” – Deborah Maggach