- Do you use the Internet for fun or learning? Explain your answer.
- How often do you use the internet?
- study /stuhd-ee/
- spend /spend/
- search /surch/
- government /guhv-ern-muhnt/
- data /dey-tuh/
[noun] the activity of examining a subject in detail to discover new information
The previous study showed how people choose to spend their free time.
[verb] to use time doing something or being somewhere
She spent a lot of time finishing her homework.
[verb] to look for information on the internet
Searching the internet helps students do their homework.
[noun] the group of people who officially control a country
The government is planning to help the needy.
[noun] information, especially facts or numbers, collected to be examined and considered
The data was made after a month of research.
According to the study, 79% of the users watch online videos, 76% play games, and 66% use the internet to search for different websites or send emails. The government stated that young people are using longer hours online every year. They plan to review the data with the help of the experts so they can suggest the right time duration on online spending.
- When did the Japanese government conduct a survey?
- According to the survey, how many people use the internet for games?
- According to the article, how long do Japanese people use the internet?
- According to the Japanese government, who spends long hours online every year?
- Who plans to review the survey with the help of the experts?
- Do you think it is a bad habit for young people to play computer games? Why or why not?
- How much time do you think people should be online? Explain your answer.
- What website do you frequently use and why?
- Do you think the Internet can help someone learn English? Why or why not?
- Do you think the Internet will soon replace libraries? Please elaborate your answer.