Photo by © Getty Images via
- What is your favorite building in the world?
- Do you want to be an architect?
- over /OH-ver/
- meaningful /MEE-ning-fuhl/
- approach /uh-PROHCH/
- honor /ON-er/
- most /mohst/
[preposition] more than
He has written over 200 poems.
[adjective] intended to show meaning
They want a chance to do meaningful work.
[noun] a way of doing something
This approach seems very sensible to me.
[noun] an award in a contest or field of competition
The school receives Ryugaku award, one of Japan’s highest academic honor.
[adverb] more than anything
Knowledge is the most precious treasure of all things.
True or False:
- The Pritzker Prize is also known as the Nobel Prize of architecture.
- Arata Isozaki is a Japanese interior designer.
- He built more than 60 buildings around the world.
- One of his popular works is in Barcelona, Spain.
- He is the tenth Asian architect who won the award.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- For us, Japanese ramen is the _____ usual food.
- I wanted to write something _____.
- Anna is the school’s second __ this year.
- I think it’s rare if people live _____ ninety years old.
- A direct _____, however, has a couple of disadvantages.