- Do you like to live alone?
- What do you usually do when you are alone?
- sadness /sad-nuhs/
- period /PEER-ee-uhd/
- employment /em-PLOI-muhnt/
- result /ri-zuhlt/
- importance /im-PAWR-tns/
[noun] the feeling of being sad or unhappy
She doesn’t have any idea what causes her sadness.
[noun] a length of time
They have to finish the study over a ten-month period.
[noun] the fact of someone being paid to work for a company or organization
It’s good that the employment rate of the country is increasing.
[noun] the information you get from something
The result of the exam was excellent!
[noun] the quality of being important
He was asked to report the importance of family planning.
True or False:
- Living alone decreases common mental disorders.
- The researchers looked at the data of 20,000 adults from the United States.
- Before the study period, the number of adults who lived alone increased from 8.8 to 10.7 percent.
- Level of education is one of the factors that could cause CMD.
- Some health psychologist said that the study reveals the importance of social support.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- Everyone should know the _________ of education.
- She finished the research in a _________ of 2 days.
- We have to consider economic _________ for our business.
- She has been waiting for the _________ of the experiment.
- There was _________ in the room when she left.