- Do you like robots? Why or why not?
- What can you say about technologies nowadays?
- challenge /CHAL-inj/
- interruption /in-tuh-RUHP-shuhn/
- entertainment /en-ter-TEYM-muhnt/
- server /SUR-ver/
- interact /in-ter-AKT/
[noun] something that needs great mental or physical effort in order to be done successfully
It has been a challenge for me to produce a new film.
[noun] an occasion when someone or something stops something from happening for a short period of time
Sherra worked in the evening without interruptions.
[noun] activities that entertain people
You can find a lot of entertainment in Makati.
[noun] a central computer from which other computers get information
Some servers are not working again.
[verb] to communicate with or react to
A lot of my colleagues are not easy to interact with.
Research shows that people often see human traits into robots, more so when they mirror humans or animals. Jonathan Gratch, an educator from the University in Southern California said, “When we interact with another human, dog, or machine, how we treat it is influenced by what kind of mind we think it has. When you feel something has emotions or capable of feeling hurt, it now conveys a signal that it should have protection from harm.”
- According to the article, how do some people feel when a robot stops working?
- What happened to Jibo the robot?
- Who is the woman mentioned in the article?
- What did Jibo bring to the White’s lives?
- What does research show to people based on the article?
- If you were Christal White, what would you do to fill the emptiness of losing a robot? Please elaborate.
- Do you think having a robot is beneficial? If yes, please tell me more. If no, why not?
- Would you invest in a robot even if it can cause disturbances? Please explain your answer.
- Do you think it’s valid to feel miserable when you lost something? Why or why not?
- What features are you looking for a robot? Please explain.