- Do you use plastic bags every day?
- Have you seen a dirty sea?
- charge /chahrj/
- intend /in-TEND/
- seller /SEL-er/
- environmental /en-VAHY-ruhn-muhnt-uhl/
- waste /weyst/
[verb] to ask an amount of money for something
The cashier charged $10 on my card.
[verb] to have as a plan or purpose
She intends to stay longer in Korea.
[noun] a person who sells something
The flower seller lives in another country.
[adjective] relating to the environment
He is one of the environmental campaigners.
[noun] unwanted matter or material of any type
The nuclear waste is increasing.
True or False:
- Japan plans to ban plastic bags.
- Yoshiaki Harada is the health minister of Japan.
- The money collected from plastic bags will be used for charity.
- Japan is the number one producer of plastic waste.
- There are over 9 million tons of plastic waste that flow into the ocean.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- I will meet the ______ of the book tomorrow.
- Finish all your food! Let’s avoid food ______.
- We should be more aware of ______ issues.
- Jannie ______ to study abroad.
- Could you please ______ the expenses of our trip?