- Do you like to play online games?
- Do you surf the net during your free time?
- spend /spend/
- life /lahyf/
- because /bih-KOZ/
- after /AF-ter/
- use /yooz/
[verb] to use time doing something
We spent a day at the beach last Tuesday.
[noun] the experience or state of being alive
His life was special and meaningful.
[conjunction] for the reason that
She was absent because of her illness.
[preposition] following in time, place, or order
We can eat lunch after this service.
[verb] to put something such as a tool, skill, or building to a particular purpose
We use pencil to draw lines and shapes.
Internet addiction, according to the researchers, is too much use of the Internet that affects the life of a person. It is considered a mental health disorder by the World Health Organization (WHO).
The best way to avoid Internet addiction is through short-term cognitive behavioral therapy. The 15-week discussion therapy observed 143 male participants. This is because the researchers believed that men are more addicted to the internet. After weeks of observation, they concluded that people who take the therapy gained more positive results.
The Internet is very important to everyone. You can do a lot of things in just a simple click. But if you don’t use it properly, your life may be at risk.
True or False:
- People don’t like using the Internet.
- Internet addiction is considered a mental health disorder by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- The short-term cognitive behavioral therapy consists of an 18-week discussion and cure.
- The participants became more violent after the therapy.
- The Internet is important to everyone.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- I want to _____ my day with you.
- The _____ of Mother Teresa is very inspirational.
- I’m hungry _____ I did not have my breakfast.
- We can go shopping _____ class.
- I always _____ my computer in doing my homework.