- Do you like traveling? Why or why not?
- Do you think it’s more convenient to ride the shinkansen than to ride an ordinary train? Please explain your answer.
- extraordinary /ik-STRAWR-dn-er-ee/
- signature /SIG-nuh-cher/
- captivating /KAP-tuh-vey-ting/
- course /kawrs/
- expect /ik-SPEKT/
[adjective] very unusual, special, unexpected, or strange
She has an extraordinary voice.
[adjective] used to refer to the special thing for which a person or place is particularly known
My family always admired my favorite restaurant’s signature dish.
[adjective] capable of attracting and holding interest; charming
The design of my neighbor’s house is captivating.
[noun] a direction or route taken or to be taken
Be extra careful not to veer off course from my orders.
[verb] to think or believe that something will happen
It will be expected that you bring a gift for our leader.
The Genbi could be easily spotted by its signature black paint job. It is also designed with appealing fireworks photos from the annual Nagaoka Fireworks Festival in Niigata Prefecture.
The famous shinkansen’s exterior is captivating and its artistic appeal expands inside its carriages. There’s an art gallery inside the train that displays beautiful works of photography. A dining car cafe inside the Genbi also serves both Japanese and Western-style desserts from Niigata-based confectioners.
This fall, Tokyo-based travelers will have a chance to ride the Genbi since it only operated between Niigata and Echigo Yuzawa stations before. The Genbi will begin its course from Tokyo for two days.
Commuters will enjoy riding the shinkansen because it will take nearly two hours for a Tokyo Station to Niigata Station trip. During the transit, the Genbi will have stops at some stations along the way such as Ueno, Omiya, and Nagaoka.
The Genbi will be starting its Tokyo trip on October 5 and 6. It will be expected to leave Niigata at 6:17 a.m. and will be arriving in Tokyo at 8:20 a.m. It will head back out at 8:32 a.m. for a 10:30 a.m. arrival in Niigata.
- According to the article, what is the name of Japan’s famous shinkansen?
- What is Genbi’s signature look?
- According to the article, what kinds of dessert does the dining car cafe in the Genbi serve?
- In this article, when will the Genbi start its course in Tokyo?
- In this article, what time will the Genbi leave Niigata?
- Do you think many people will ride the Genbi? Explain your answer.
- Do you think Japan’s shinkansen is a world-famous? Why or why not?
- In your opinion, is it safe to travel by train? Explain your answer.
- What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of having an art gallery inside a train? Explain your answer.
- Do you think it’s better if the Genbi will have a permanent Tokyo course? Please elaborate.