- What do you find interesting about the universe? Please explain your answer.
- What do you think is the most mysterious planet? Why?
- stream /streem/
- element /EL-uh-muhnt/
- beaming /BEE-ming/
- vanish /VAN-ish/
- drag /drag/
[verb] to move continuously
The morning light came streaming through the windows.
[noun] a simple substance that cannot be reduced to smaller chemical parts
Oxygen is one of the basic elements of substance.
[adjective] radiant; bright
Out of the darkness, she saw a beaming flashlight from afar.
[verb] to disappear or stop existing
Energy seems to vanish and re-emerge in dramatic swings.
[verb] to move something by pulling it along a surface
Pick the chair up instead of dragging it behind you!
The atmosphere’s basic elements that can be found in the universe are hydrogen and helium. The atmosphere vanishes once a planet moves closer to its star. The Space Telescope Imaging Spectrograph was used to observe the ultraviolet light of magnesium and iron attached to the starlight passing through WASP-121b’s atmosphere. David Sing, lead author of the study from Hopkins University says, “Heavy metals have been seen in other hot Jupiters before, but only in the lower atmosphere, so you don’t know if they are escaping or not.” Sing also said, “the hydrogen and helium gas of WASP-121b is streaming, almost like a river, and is dragging these metals with them. It’s a very efficient mechanism for mass loss.”
- Based on the article, what did the scientists discover?
- How did the Scientists describe the newly found planet?
- In the article, what type of planet does WASP-121b belong to?
- What makes WASP-121b different from other hot-Jupiter planets?
- What device was used to observe the ultraviolet light of magnesium and iron attached to the starlight?
- What are your thoughts on the newly-found planet?
- Do you believe that there is another life form from other planets? Please explain your answer.
- Do you believe that Earth has been visited by aliens? Why or why not?
- What other interesting things do you know about our planet? Please explain your answer.
- Have you also dreamt of becoming an astronaut? Why or why not?