- enamored /ih-NAM-er-d/
- alluring /uh-LOOR-ing/
- carriage /KAR-ee-ij/
- array /uh-REY/
- ample /AM-puhl/
[adjective] liking something a lot
My brother was enamored of paper planes when he was a kid.
[adjective] attractive or exciting
She wore the most alluring dress that stood out among the rest last night.
[noun] any of the separate parts of a train in which the passengers sit
The carriage at the end of the train played classical music.
[noun] a large and impressive grouping or organization of things
Their house was filled with an array of paintings.
[adjective] enough, or more than enough
The students had ample time to finish their report last week.
The Genbi could be distinguished by its slick black paint job and is decorated with images of beautiful fireworks from the annual fireworks festival in Nagaoka, Niigata. The Genbi’s exterior is alluring, however, the artistic charm extends on the inside.
Multiple carriages of the 13-car train are used as an art gallery, showing complex exercises in shape and color, while others are arrays of beautiful photography. There’s also a dining car cafe that provides both Japanese and Western-style desserts crafted by Niigata-based confectioners.
The Genbi runs between Niigata and Echigo Yuzawa stations, with a travel time of only 40 minutes. In a recent development, travelers en route to Tokyo will have the opportunity to experience riding the Genbi this fall season.
The classy shinkansen will be operating in the capital for two days. It will serve as a convenient connection between Japan’s largest city and the most famous international travel center.
Passengers will have ample time to enjoy the ride since the Genbi’s journey from Tokyo Station to Niigata Station will take nearly two hours to complete because of stops at Ueno, Omiya, Nagaoka, and a few other stations along the way. On October 5 and 6, the Genbi shinkansen will be starting its Tokyo course, departing from Niigata at 6:17 a.m and arriving in Tokyo at 8:20 a.m., where it will make a U-turn and head back to Niigata at 8:32 a.m. and arrive at 10:30 a.m.
- What is the name of Japan’s stylish shinkansen?
- How many carriages of the shinkansen are being used as an art gallery?
- What kinds of desserts does the Genbi’s dining cafe provide?
- When will the shinkansen start their Tokyo course?
- How many days will the Genbi travel to and from Tokyo?
- Do you want to ride the Genbi this coming fall? Why or why not?
- Do you think a lot of people will ride the Genbi? Explain your answer.
- Do you like traveling? If yes, tell me more. If no, why not?
- Are you interested in arts? Explain your answer.
- Do you think it is necessary to display art inside trains? Explain your answer.