- Do you like to travel?
- Do you like riding the shinkansen?
- special /SPESH-uhl/
- complement /KOM-pluh-ment/
- serve /surv/
- between /bih-TWEEN/
- proudly /PROUD-ly/
[adjective] not ordinary or usual
I have prepared a special lunch for you.
[verb] to make something else seem better or more attractive
Her beautiful voice is complemented with her awesome guitar playing.
[verb] to provide food or drinks to a customer or guest
My favorite restaurant serves different kinds of food every day.
[preposition] in or into the space that separates two places, people, or objects
The show was held between Maine street and Alden street.
[adverb] with feelings of satisfaction and pleasure
My best friend proudly announced that he will be graduating next month.
The Genbi’s outer design is painted black and is complemented with beautiful photos from Nagaoka’s annual fireworks festival. Its layout is amazingly good, and it continues inside its carriages.
Stunning works of photography are displayed within the Genbi’s classy art gallery. Confectioners from Niigata also serve both Japanese and Western-style desserts in the shinkansen’s dining car cafe.
Before, the Genbi only operated between Niigata and Echigo Yuzawa stations, but now, it will have its Tokyo route for two days only. The trip from Tokyo Station to Niigata Station will take nearly two hours because of stops at some stations along the way such as Ueno, Omiya, and Nagaoka.
On October 5 and 6, the Genbi will proudly begin its Tokyo course. It is scheduled to leave Niigata at 6:17 a.m. and will be arriving in Tokyo at 8:20 a.m., where it will make a U-turn and head back at 8:32 a.m. for a 10:30 a.m. arrival in Niigata.
True or False:
- Japan’s special shinkansen is called the Genbi.
- The Genbi will come to Tokyo this winter.
- The Genbi’s outer design is painted yellow.
- There is an art gallery inside the Genbi.
- The Genbi will proudly begin its Tokyo course on October 5 and 6.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- She __________ told her parents that she won a gold medal.
- My sister placed her toy in __________ the kitchen table and refrigerator.
- He used colorful ingredients to _________ the look of his dish.
- I will give my grandfather a __________ present for his birthday.
- They __________ authentic Asian food.