- Do you believe in aliens?
- Do you want to go to outer space?
- project /PROJ-ekt/
- modern /MOD-ern/
- machine /muh-SHEEN/
- believe /bih-LEEV/
- hope /hohp/
[noun] a piece of planned work or an activity which is done over a period of time and intended to achieve a particular purpose
Our company needs to finish a project about schools in Japan.
[adjective] designed and made using the most recent ideas and methods
Modern technologies are a great help to the lives of people.
[noun] a piece of equipment with several moving parts that uses power to do a particular type of work
Please turn off the answering machine after you use it.
[verb] if you believe in someone you have confidence in that person’s abilities
I believe that you can finish your homework tomorrow.
[verb] to want something to happen or to be true, and usually have a good reason to think that it might
I hope to finish all my work tomorrow!
True or False:
- IXPE is made of two telescopes that will help with the study in space.
- The exact cost of the project is only $50 Million.
- NASA wants the project to be made by Space City.
- X-ray Polarimetry Explorer (IXPE) is made to study the light that comes from black holes and neutron stars.
- NASA hopes that the project will help find other things in space that need to be found.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- My boss wants me to finish the ________ that he has given me.
- I ________ to win the singing contest next week.
- Let us all _______ in the ability of our teacher.
- It is easier to do all my work because of __________ technology.
- I need the photocopying __________ to be available tomorrow.