- Do you want to live in Tokyo?
- What is your favorite city?
- list /list/
- recover /ri-KUHV-er/
- base on /beys-on/
- see /see/
- improve /im-PROOV/
[verb] to make a list, or to include something in a list
The doctor listed the medicine he needs to buy.
[verb] to get better after an illness or a period of difficulty or trouble
The basketball team is doing their best to recover from their loss last season.
[phrasal verb] to use particular ideas or facts to make a decision or develop a theory
Based on a report, Selena Gomez will have a concert tour in Asia next year.
[verb] to know about something before it happens
The foreign student is seen to become the new president of the class.
[verb] to get better, or to make something better
You can improve your speaking skills by reading English books.
True or False:
- EIU stands for Economy Intelligence Unit.
- Tokyo is the safest city in the world.
- Urban resilience is the power of a city to recover from natural disasters.
- Tokyo and Osaka are seen to experience an increase in population due to low migration and birthrates
- Low migration and birthrates will help to improve Tokyo and Osaka.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- You can __________ your cooking skills if you keep watching tutorial videos
- __________ a report, it will be sunny on weekdays.
- The scientist has __________ the future positively.
- To __________ from a typhoon is not easy.
- The children will __________ their favorite food.