- labor /LEY-ber/
- drive /drahyv/
- hinder /HIN-der/
- flourish /FLUR-ish/
- intensify /in-TEN-suh-fahy/
[noun] practical work
The labor to produce a new AI robot is intensive.
[noun] energy and determination to achieve something
My manager is looking for someone who has the drive to make a difference in the company.
[verb] to limit the ability of someone to do something
She doesn’t need more emotions to hinder her decision making.
[verb] to grow or develop successfully
The city keeps on flourishing because the mayor is well-trained.
[verb] to make something stronger or more extreme
She intensified her workout, running 65 miles a week.
However, he wondered if the traditional way of working affects the employees’ performance and if it hinders them to build that kind of environment. He managed to change the company with such an idea in mind. Sawada says that the important aspect in flourishing high-quality work output is to inspire the employees and not to intensify the products. He also added that creating an environment where the workers feel motivated to do their jobs will automatically bring a gratifying result.
True or False:
- The president of the company is a European.
- Sawada refers to his employees as “human assets”.
- Workers serve as human resources according to Sawada.
- Mitchitaka Sawada managed to transform the company.
- Based on the article, employees feel motivated when they are inspired.
- In your own opinion, what are the factors that affect employees’ performance?
- Why must employees have the drive to work on their own? Please explain your answer.
- Why do you think workers need to be motivated? Please explain your answer.
- In your own opinion, how do workers produce high-quality work? Please cite examples.
- For you, what makes an employee motivated? Please elaborate.
Express Your Opinion:
- “Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm, and genuine people.” – Taena Dasae
- “Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” – Gail Devers
- “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” – Vince Lombardi