- Do you like historic places?
- What is your favorite city in Japan?
- foreign /FAWR-in/
- polite /puh-LAHYT/
- effect /ih-FEKT/
- tourism /TOOR-iz-uhm/
- historic /hi-STOR-ik/
[adjective] belonging or connected to a country that is not your own
Tom can speak two foreign languages.
[adjective] behaving in a way that is socially correct
We need to be polite when we have visitors.
[noun] the result of a particular influence
This medicine has the effect of making someone sleepy.
[noun] the business of providing services such as transport, places to stay, or entertainment for people who are on holiday
Tourism is one of the country’s main industries.
[adjective] important or likely to be important in history
There are many historic buildings in this city.
True or False:
- The project started in Gion district.
- Tourists receive reminders about local manners in Chinese and English via smartphones.
- Hanamikoji is a place famous for its coffee shops and historic buildings.
- The project will run until December 8 this year.
- The local residents’ survey results will be used to check the effects of the project.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- The city developed its parks to increase ______.
- The overall ______ of the changes was surprising.
- We will visit ______ places in our upcoming school trip
- We have a new ______ classmate from Indonesia.
- Please be ______ to the guests.