- What is the most interesting planet for you?
- Do you want to become an astronaut?
- strange /streynj/
- possible /POS-uh-buhl/
- sound /sound/
- make /meyk/
- open /OH-puhn/
[adjective] unusual and unexpected, or difficult to understand
She has a strange personality.
[adjective] able to be done or achieved
It’s possible that he will not come.
[noun] something that you can hear or that can be heard
I could hear the sound of children playing outside my window.
[verb] to produce something, often using a particular substance or material
Let’s make some cookies.
[adjective] not closed or fastened
Ken saw an open gate in the abandoned house.
True or False:
- NASA’s InSight recorded strange sounds on Jupiter.
- The mission landed in October 2018 with its stationary probe’s seismometer to observe the quake on its surface.
- The seismometer caught more than 101 events, 22 of them are possible quakes and the sound of the wind.
- InSight’s arm produces friction and makes amazing sounds.
- Mars’ surface is similar to Earth’s.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- I can see a______blue bird on the roof.
- Keep the door______.
- I was woken up by the______of thunder this morning.
- Please write to me as soon as______.
- I’ll______ you happy.