- What kind of tea do you enjoy drinking and why?
- What is your favorite Japanese festival and why?
- custom /KUHS-tuhm/
- conduct /kuhn-DUHKT/
- ceremony /SER-uh-moh-nee/
- arrangement /uh-REYNJ-muhnt/
- generation /jen-uh-REY-shuhn/
[noun] a way of behaving or a belief that has been established for a long time
One of the Filipino customs is Media Noche where families, relatives, and friends gather for a lavish midnight feast.
[verb] to organize and direct a particular activity
The new television program will conduct an audition for their lead actor next month
[noun] a set of acts, often traditional or religious, performed at a formal occasion
The couple’s wedding ceremony will be held near the beach.
[noun] a particular way in which things are put together or placed
The arrangement they need was made according to their plan.
[noun] all the people of about the same age within a society or within a particular family
A publishing company will issue a clothing style that fits for all generations.
Foreigners can also learn the basics of the tea ceremony and enjoy traditional cultures such as ikebana (flower arrangement) and kimono wearing. The organizer said that the tea ceremony is an art, and it desires to advertise art both in Japan and abroad. Also, its aim is to pass the harmonious spirit of the tea ceremony to future generations.
- Based on the article, who sponsored the Tokyo Grand Tea Ceremony?
- What was recognized as an autumn tradition in Japan?
- What kind of tea ceremony activity is popular among tourists?
- According to the article, what can foreigners learn during the ceremony?
- What is the goal of the Tokyo Grand Tea Ceremony?
- Why do you think the Japanese tea ceremony recognized as an autumn tradition?
- How is the Japanese tea ceremony different from other countries? Explain your answer.
- What outdoor activities do you think should have in a ceremony? Explain your answer.
- In your opinion, how can a country maintain their customs and traditions?
- If you were to teach one Japanese custom, what would it be and why?