- Do you drink tea?
- Do you like going to ceremonies?
- tea /tee/
- since /sins/
- activity /ak-TIV-i-tee/
- learn /lurn/
- plan /plan/
[noun] the dried and cut leaves, or a drink made by pouring hot water onto these
He always drinks tea in the morning.
[adverb] from a particular time in the past until now
I haven’t seen Mary since highschool.
[noun] something that is done for enjoyment, especially an organized event
Children can join different activities in their P.E class.
[verb] to get knowledge or skill in a new subject or activity
Kath is learning to play the guitar.
[noun] a set of decisions about how to do something in the future
One of his plans is to visit the Philippines.
True or False:
- The Tokyo Grand Tea Ceremony happened in Tokyo last October 2018.
- The event helped tourists to learn the Japanese language.
- The event was supported only by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
- The tea ceremony’s goal is to promote art in Japan.
- The event’s plan is to pass the spirit of the tea ceremony to the next generations.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- He _______ to paint last year.
- The married couple _______ to go to Paris.
- Drinking _______ is very popular in the Philippines.
- She has been playing the guitar _______ she was three years old.
- Children like to play different _______ outside the classroom.