- metropolitan /me-truh-POL-i-tn/
- authority /uh-THAWR-i-tee/
- agency /ey-JUHN-see/
- mutual /MYOO-choo-uhl/
- diminish /dih-MIN-ish/
[adjective] of or in a large city
The most populous metropolitan area in New York City was destroyed due to the recent hurricane.
[noun] an official organization, often created by the government, which is responsible for managing a particular duty or service
The local authority investigated the car accident which happened last month.
[noun] a government organization
The National Security Agency has an application about career development and job benefits.
[adjective] (of two or more people or groups) feeling the same emotion or doing the same thing to or for each other
By mutual agreement of both teams, the members decided not to compete and get higher grades instead.
[verb] to reduce or be reduced in size or importance
The medicine I took caused my headache to diminish.
Since late October, Chinese air-services have held a high record of flights to-and-fro Narita Airport. Both countries’ aviation authorities came to a mutual agreement to diminish restrictions on flights back-and-forth Shanghai and Beijing at Japanese regional airlines since then. Likewise, the International Civil Aviation Organization expects Japan and China to achieve proper agreement early next year and implement the plan in spring 2020.
True or False:
- The growth of flights in Shanghai and Japan’s areas is expected next year.
- The International Civil Aviation expects both Japan and China to settle a proper agreement.
- The proposed plan will commence this spring, year 2020.
- Flight expansion is being prepared because of the upcoming 2020 Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics.
- The Japanese and Chinese governments want to lessen the number of flights in Shanghai and Japan’s areas.
- What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of widening the number of flights in airlines?
- In your opinion, do you think increasing the number of flights will help upgrade the security service of airlines? Please explain your answer.
- If you could choose one country to go in summer, where would it be? Why?
- What do you need to have and do before you can travel to other countries?
- Have you ever been to other countries? If so, what is the best country to visit for you? If not, where would you like to go in the future?
Express Your Opinion:
- “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” — Michael Althsuler
- “When everything seems to be against you, remember that an airplane takes-off against the wind, not with it.” — Henry Ford
- “When fears are grounded, dreams take flight”. — Anonymous