- What time do you set your alarm clock?
- Can you wake up early without using an alarm clock?
- find out /fahynd out/
- believe /bih-LEEV/
- normal /NAWR-muhl/
- dangerous /DEYN-jer-uhs/
- wake up /WEYK-uhp/
[phrasal verb] to obtain knowledge of something, or to obtain knowledge of someone’s activities
Our teacher found out that he was cheating on the test.
[verb] to think that something is true, correct or real
Jane’s classmate believes that it would be hard to pass the entrance exam in college.
[adjective] ordinary or usual; the same as would be expected
It’s normal for couples to have a lot of disagreements.
[adjective] a dangerous person, animal, thing or activity could harm you
She walked alone at night despite knowing that it was dangerous.
[noun] an act or instance of waking up
Christine, Bobby and Pam will wake up at 5:00 a.m. to go jogging.
An Australian scientist group from the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology or RMIT found out that their research about the health effects of an alarm clock is somewhat related to Sleep Inertia. The research came up to know if some of the harsh sounds in an alarm clock are the cause of having unbalanced and weak body performance and mindset. For the result of this analysis, 50 persons happened to have a high percentage of using drastic sounds.
A writer from RMIT, Stuart McFarlane, believes that if your sleeping habit is not actually the normal way of what it does, you may feel dizzy and it could lessen your brain and body’s performance. It could also lead to dangerous and harmful disasters. That’s why most people didn’t know that a certain sound coming from an alarm clock would cause some health effects like having a destructive mindset, groggy body behavior and unbalanced brain functions.
So, what if you could absolutely train yourself to wake up in the morning where you don’t need any loud sounds from your alarm clock? One way is to know how to use the process of following a twenty-four-hour sleeping cycle. Whenever you let your alarm force you to wake up before the readiness of your body, that’s the time you may feel sleepy as you have to carry out a very deep level of being tired. But when you wake up in a natural way, it will be helpful for you to reduce your tiredness because you’re ready to stop being unconscious.
True or False:
- One method of waking up without an alarm clock is to follow the process of a twenty-four-hour sleeping phase.
- Stuart McFarlane concludes that sleeping habits may cause dizziness and lessen brain and body performance.
- Seventy participants are involved in the research of Australian scientists.
- When you wake up in a natural way, it will increase the tiredness and unconsciousness of the body.
- The research about the health effects of using an alarm clock is not related to Sleep Inertia.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
|find out||believe||normal||dangerous||wake up|
- She grew up abroad, so it’s only _______ for her to speak English fluently.
- They ran over 5 dogs, they didn’t know it was ________ to drive on that street.
- She _______ that he lost in the badminton competition.
- I will _______ early to arrive at school on time.
- Rina _______ that time is gold.