- Do you play sports?
- What is your favorite sport?
- postpone /pohst-POHN/
- international /in-ter-NASH-uh-nl/
- advice /ad-VAHYS/
- suggest /suhg-JEST/
- crowd /kroud/
[verb] to delay an event and plan or decide that it should happen at a later date or time
The basketball committee will postpone their game for this season.
[noun] a sports event involving more than one country, or a person who competes in it
International baseball players will have a tour in Asia.
[noun] an opinion that someone offers you about what you should do or how you should act in a particular situation
She always follows her mother’s advice.
[verb] to mention an idea, possible plan, or action for other people to consider
They suggested having a company party once a month.
[noun] a large group of people who have gathered together
There is always a large crowd in the park.
True or False:
- Japanese officials did not postpone the sporting event.
- Tokyo is the host of the 2020 Olympic Games.
- Japan is taking action to stop the sports games.
- The Olympics will start in July.
- The Paralympics will start on August 25 next year.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- They always _______ to hire new employees.
- She decided to _______ her party next week.
- The _______ game will start tomorrow at 7:00 pm.
- Some employees are in a large _______ during their breaks.
- The teachers _______ her to take make-up classes next month.