- What do you know about viruses? Please explain your answer.
- What is ultraviolet (UV) light used for?
- implement /IM-pluh-ment/
- convert /kuh n-VURT/
- lower /LOH-er/
- install /in-STAWL/
- perform /per-FAWRM/
[verb] to start using a plan or system
The company implemented the use of mobile phones at work.
[verb] to (cause something or someone to) change in form or character
Through the help and advice of his family, he has converted himself into a better person.
[verb] to move something into a low position
He lowered down the volume of the radio so that he could hear the music well.
[verb] to put furniture, a machine, or a piece of equipment into position and make it ready to use
The Skype application was installed on his laptop.
[verb] to do an action or piece of work
The stage play was performed using modern technology to make it more interesting.
However, the World Health Organization said that UV lamps should not be used to clean the hands or other parts of the body, as UV light can bring about skin discomfort. Health professionals said that UV lamps are not usually used to clean public spaces, but it could be effective when the process is performed well. Paul Tambyah, president of the Asia Pacific Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infection, said UV disinfection is effective but needs to be used with care as the light can cause skin cancer. He also added, “UV disinfection is widely used in hospitals worldwide and for antibiotic-resistant bacteria, tuberculosis and other infectious agents.”
- What are the Chinese companies using to stop the virus from spreading?
- Who said that UV lamps should not be used to clean the hands or other parts of the body, as UV light can bring about skin discomfort?
- According to the article, what can be disinfected using UV light?
- What are the possible side-effects when you are exposed to UV light?
- In what way does UV disinfection use in hospitals worldwide?
- What are the simple ways that you do to stop the spread of the coronavirus?
- How do you disinfect your home?
- If you were given a chance to help in this kind of situation what would you do?
- How do you feel about the world today?
- What are the other safety measures that the Japanese do to protect themselves from this infectious virus?