- Do you like spring?
- When was the last time you went sakura viewing?
- well-known /wel-nohn/
- visitor /VIZ-i-ter/
- idea /ahy-DEE-uh/
- hiking /hahyk-ing/
- healthy /HEL-thee/
[adjective] known or recognized by many people
She is attending a well-known school in her country.
[noun] someone who visits a person or place
Patients’ visitors are only allowed in the hospital until 8:00 p.m.
[noun] a suggestion or plan for doing something
His idea is good but the boss doesn’t approve it.
[noun] the activity of going for long walks in the countryside
The old man still loves hiking at his age.
[adjective] good for your health
My doctor advised me to have a healthy lifestyle after I got sick.
1. Attending sake festivals
Do you love free drinks? During sake festivals, sake storehouses let their visitors try a must-have sake without paying anything! These kinds of stores can be found in Fukuoka.
2. Strawberry picking
Who doesn’t love strawberries? If you like to enjoy picking and tasting strawberries to satisfy your cravings, come visit Tochigi Prefecture because it has the largest field of strawberries in Japan.
3. Look for wild greens
If you like to eat wild mountain vegetables, searching for wild plants is a good idea! Just make sure to bring the necessary tools and dress appropriately.
To escape the city for a little while, hiking must be a good thing. Japan has many mountains fit for a good hike.
5. Clam digging
Have you tried miso soup with littleneck clams? If you want to cook this healthy meal rich in calcium and vitamin B12, try clam digging with your family or a loved one.
True or False:
- Sakura viewing is a popular activity during the winter season in Japan.
- During sake festivals, sake storehouses offer their visitors a drink for free.
- Tochigi Prefecture is the smallest strawberry growers in Japan.
- Japan has many mountains good for hiking.
- Miso soup with littleneck clams is not a healthy meal.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- Always eat _______ foods to stay strong.
- Her mother is a _______ pianist in their town.
- Everyone needs to hear your _______.
- I love _______ in the spring.
- Their _______ spent the night in their house.