- Where do you usually go for sakura viewing?
- What do you usually do in spring?
- tradition /truh-DISH-uhn/
- delightful /dih-LAHYT-fuhl/
- public /PUHB-lik/
- adventurous /ad-VEN-cher-uhs/
- necessary /NES-uh-ser-ee/
- breeze /breez/
- harvest /HAHR-vist/
[noun] a way of behaving or a belief that has been established for a long time
Mochi making is one of the most popular Japanese traditions during New Year.
[adjective] very pleasant, attractive, or enjoyable
Hanami dango is well-known for its delightful taste and appearance.
[noun] all ordinary people
The patient’s identity is announced to the public for security reasons.
[adjective] willing to try new or difficult things
My best friend is very adventurous, now she likes to try skydiving!
[adjective] needed in order to achieve a particular result
It is necessary for students to study hard to get high grades during exams.
[noun] a light and pleasant wind
The trees and leaves swayed along the cool breeze.
[verb] to pick and collect crops, or to collect plants, animals, or fish to eat
Tomatoes are usually harvested in late summer.
1. Attending sake festivals
If you love drinking, you can visit sake storehouses in Japan where visitors could try a freshly made rice wine for free! Fukuoka is known to be one of the best places in Japan to have sake storehouses that serve a delightful cup of a newly-brewed sake.
2. Strawberry picking
Strawberry picking is also one of the things that you can enjoy especially when you love strawberries! There are farms open to the public for limitless strawberry picking and tasting. You can visit Tochigi Prefecture as they are the biggest grower of strawberries in Japan.
3. Search for wild greens
If you are adventurous, try to search for wild plants that are safe to eat while you are walking in the mountains. Bring all the necessary things that you can use like kitchen scissors, a pocket knife, a pair of gloves and a bag to carry everything you collect. And most importantly, wear the proper clothing when you’re hunting.
Hiking must be challenging for some but it is worth a try! The green view and the cool breeze when you are on the top would definitely relax and calm your mind. You may try these mountains for your next hike: Mount Takao, Mount Yoshino, Mount Shibutsu, Mount Yoneyama, and Mount Aso.
5. Clam digging
Not only a fun activity for lovers but also for the family who likes to bond together on a beautiful spring day. Japan’s beaches have clam digging spots perfect for harvesting littleneck clams. Do you know that clams are rich in calcium and vitamin B12? Add them to miso soup and get your own “vitamin sea” in it.
- What Japanese tradition is famous when it is springtime?
- If someone loves drinking, what is the best place to visit in Fukuoka and what do they offer?
- Where can you find the biggest producer of strawberries in Japan?
- In the article, this activity could relax and calm your mind. What is it?
- What kind of activity was mentioned to be perfect for couples and families?
- In Japan, in which month does spring usually start? And what is the weather like in the spring season?
- What are the famous places in Japan where you can view sakura or cherry blossoms?
- Have you tried attending sake festivals? If yes, tell me more about it. If no, would you like to try one and why?
- Is foraging wild plants safe or not? Please explain your answer.
- Where do people in Japan usually go for clam digging? Have you tried going into one? Elaborate your answers.