- Do you like helping others? Why or why not?
- How would we encourage other people to others too?
- over /OH-ver/
- distribute /dih-STRIB-yoot/
- chairman /CHAIR-muhn/
- firm /furm/
- purchase /PUR-chuhs/
[preposition] above or higher than something else
The number of contestants for this year’s marathon is over 2,000.
[verb] to give something out to several people
The charity will distribute toys to children in need.
[noun] a person in charge of a meeting or organization
The chairman of the board called for a meeting this afternoon.
[noun] a company or business, especially a small one
The firm where I work gave generous bonuses last Christmas.
[verb] to buy something
I need to purchase a new coat for winter.
According to Shohei Utaka, the chairman of the firm, they want to help the community to solve the mask shortage. He also added that the company wishes the people to stay safe using their product. Nowadays, it is difficult for people to purchase masks, that is why this firm is trying to develop products that are inexpensive yet effective.
- What is the mask made of according to the article?
- When did the company distribute the masks to the city mayor?
- What is the name of the company’s chairman?
- Based on the article, why did the company make the masks?
- What kind of products does the company want to develop?
- What are some of the ways people can help others in the community?
- Why do you think people like helping others?
- Based on your opinion, what benefit can we get from helping other people?
- Which groups of people generally need most medical support in a community? Please explain your answer.
- When people are wealthy or successful, do they have a special responsibility to ‘give back’ and help others? Please explain your answer.