- What are the things that stress you the most?
- Are you a positive thinker?
- unhappy /uhn-HAP-ee/
- thinking /THING-king/
- important /im-PAWR-tnt/
- use /yooz/
- ways /weyz/
[adjective] sad or not satisfied
The little girl was unhappy that she needed to go to another school.
[noun] the activity of using your mind to consider something
She needs to do some thinking about buying new things for her new house.
[adjective] necessary or of great value
My mother is buying only the important things that we need for a vacation.
[verb] to put something such as a tool, skill, or building to a particular purpose
My mother told me not to use any gadgets before going to bed.
[noun] an action that can produce the result you want; a method
There are many ways to be an honor student.
Step 1: Acknowledge your stress
First, if you want to make your stress work for you, acknowledge it. If you will stop thinking about bad things that could make you feel unhappy, you will notice that you are now thinking more positively.
Step 2: Own your stress
If you want to make your stress work for you, you have to own it. Having a positive view of your stress will help you know the true meaning of it. Keep in mind that owning our stress is like keeping what is important to us.
Step 3: Use your stress
The last and most important step is to use your stress. Remember that the more you use your stress, the greater the chance of relating to the things you truly enjoy.
We need to use these three steps to make stress work for us. A good point of view about this pandemic will be very helpful. It will surely help you be prepared and attentive to the things that are happening around you. So try to look for ways to see stress positively and learn what your goals are.
True or False:
- According to the article, there are three steps to make your stress work for you.
- The first step to make your stress work for you is to own it.
- Having a positive view of your stress will not really help you know the meaning of it.
- The important step to make your stress work for you is to acknowledge it.
- These three steps will help you be prepared and attentive to the things that are happening around you.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- She is _______ of a good movie to watch this afternoon.
- I am listing all the _______ topics that I need to review.
- My sister was _______ because of the result of her exams.
- The doctor already found a _______ on how to treat the patients.
- My mother asked me if she can _______ my car.