- What do you usually do during quarantine?
- What are your usual stress relievers?
- boost /boost/
- exposed /ik-SPOHZD/
- income /IN-kuhm/
- risky /RIS-kee/
- anxiety /ang-ZAHY-i-tee/
- purpose /PUR-puhs/
[verb] to improve or increase something
Local farmers began using quality fertilizers to boost their crop yields.
[adjective] not covered; able to be seen
Children are prone to the virus if they are exposed outside.
[noun] money that is earned from doing work or received from investments
He has a lot of income because of his chain businesses.
[adjective] involving the possibility of something bad happening
Entering a construction site without proper protection is too risky.
[noun] an uncomfortable feeling of nervousness or worry about something that is happening or might happen in the future
He had a great anxiety in starting the new job.
[noun] why you do something or why something exists
Volunteer work gives her life a significant purpose.
We are aware that stress makes us exposed to the virus. Since this pandemic started, everyone was worried about their health, their daily income, and how they will survive the situation.
Almost half of 30,000 Americans are more likely to die if they see that stress is serious. While on the other hand, people who don’t see stress as risky for their health, are more likely to live longer because their mindset leads them to be more physically and mentally positive. Here are the three steps that might help you to make stress work for you.
Step 1: Acknowledge your stress
The first step to making your stress work for you is to acknowledge it. Avoid thinking of the things that might give you stress. In this way, the anxiety that you have in your mind will sooner or later be changed in a more positive way.
Step 2: Own your stress
Owning your stress is the second step to make your stress work for you. We mostly combine this step with a positive mind to know the real purpose behind our stress. Remember that we are separating ourselves from the things that are important to us if we try to escape from our stress.
Step 3: Use your stress
Using your stress is the last and most important step. Try to figure out ways on how you will positively approach your stress to know what your goals and purpose are. Always remember that the more you use your stress, the higher the chance that you will connect yourself to the things that you really value.
Having a healthy mindset about the current pandemic will help you handle things positively. That is the reason why we should take advantage of these three steps to make your stress work for you. In that way, it will not just help
you to be prepared, mindful or attentive, but also by being contemplative of the things that are happening.
- According to the article, what will happen if we continue to see that stress is serious?
- In what way can we change anxiety into a more positive way of thinking?
- In the article, what is the third step to make your stress work for you?
- According to the article, how does having a healthy mindset will help you in this kind of situation?
- What are the steps that can help you make your stress work for you as stated in the article?
- In your own opinion, does taking advantage of our stress will really help us in our problems? Please explain your answer.
- Do you think following these steps will help you cope up with your problems or stress? Why or why not?
- Why do you think we need to have a positive mindset amidst this situation?
- How do you usually help yourself when you are stressed?
- What other steps do you think you can add to make your stress work for you?