- Do you eat fruits and vegetables everyday? Why or why not?
- What kind of diet do you follow to stay healthy?
- analysis /uh-NAL-uh-sis/
- community /kuh-MYOO-ni-tee/
- dairy /DAIR-ee/
- beneficial /ben-uh-FISH-uhl/
- experience /ik-SPEER-ee-uhns/
[noun] – the process of studying or examining something in an organized way to learn more about it
The detective’s analysis about the victim lacks very important details and some facts are uncertain.
[noun] – the people living in one particular area or people who are considered as a unit because of their common interests, social group, or nationality
The local community showed their full support to the newly elected president.
[adjectives] – used to refer to cows that are used for producing milk, rather than meat, or to foods that are made from milk, such as cream, butter, and cheese
Her niece is allergic to dairy foods like cheese and butter.
[adjective] – helpful, useful, or good
Drinking lots of water everyday is beneficial to our health.
[verb] – If you experience something, it happens to you, or you feel it
The employees experience good treatment from the company amid the crisis.
According to Dr. Chin-Lon Lin of Tzu Chi University in Hualien, Taiwan, the lead author of the study, “Overall, our study found that a vegetarian diet was beneficial and reduced the risk of ischemic stroke even after adjusting for known risk factors like blood pressure, blood glucose levels, and fats in the blood.” Practicing a plant-based diet that has fruits and greens in it with nuts and whole grains could prevent people suffering from stroke. In the U.S, there are 795,000 people who experience cases of stroke each year. The study was published in the journal of the American Academy of Neurology.
- Who is Dr. Chin-Lon Lin?
- According to the article, how many volunteers participated in the study?
- What are the two kinds of stroke mentioned in the article?
- Based on the article, how many people in the U.S suffer from stroke each year?
- Where is Tzu Chi University located?
- Are you willing to undergo a plant-based diet? Explain your answer.
- Aside from following this plant-based diet, what do you think are the other ways to decrease the risk of stroke?
- What do people in Japan do to prevent them from being sick?
- Why do you think people choose to be a vegetarian? Explain your answer.
- If there is one food that you will not get sick of eating, what is it and why?