- Do you donate money?
- What help do you give to other people?
- through /throo/
- million /MIL-yuhn/
- the Irish /thee AHY-rish/
- essential /uh-SEN-shuhl/
- give (something) back /giv (something) bak/
[preposition] – by; using
I study English through online classes.
[noun] – the number 1,000,000
The YouTube video earned almost 1 million views.
[noun] – the people of Ireland
The Irish welcomed us warmly when we visited Ireland.
[noun] – the basic things you need to live
Clothes are also part of our essentials.
[phrasal verb] – to return something to the person who gave it to you
Saki promised to give my pens back after school.
True or False:
- The Irish give donations to the Native Americans through GoFundMe.
- As of May 5, the organizer received more than 1 million dollars.
- The Native Americans donated $170 to the people of Ireland in 1845.
- Ethel Branch is the fundraiser’s organizer.
- The money collected will go to the Native Americans’ needs.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
|million||the Irish||essential||give back||through|
- _______ like soap and shampoo have discounts until Friday.
- It’s time to _______ the books _______ to the library.
- The government donated three _______ dollars to the charity.
- She saw the news _______ social media.
- _______ are our new exchange students.