- Do you like animals?
- What is your favorite animal?
- still /stil/
- southwestern /south-WEST-tern/
- grow /groh/
- danger /DEYN-jer/
- improve /im-PROOV/
[adverb] – continuing to happen or continuing to be done
I’m still writing my report.
[adjective] – in or from the southwest
They have been to the southwestern side of the country.
[verb] – to increase in size or amount
The population in this area grows quickly.
[noun] – the possibility of harm or death
You must know the dangers of smoking.
[verb] – to get better, or to make something better
Melinda eats healthy foods to improve her health.
True or False:
- The population of critically endangered African black rhinos is increasing.
- IUCN stands for The International Union for Conservation of Nature.
- The rhinos are safe from extinction.
- The eastern black rhino is a subspecies of the black rhino.
- Poaching is not the main threat to the species.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- She is _____ eating lunch.
- I want to go to the _____ coast.
- Their business continues to _____.
- You should keep away from any _____.
- They want to _____ their facilities.