- Do you follow social-distancing?
- Do you follow the news around the world on social media?
- last /lahst/
- national /NASH-uhnl/
- program /PROH-gram/
- often /AW-fuhn/
- staff /stahf/
[adjective] – the most recent or the one before the present one
I joined the summer camp last March 16.
[adjective] – relating to all parts of a nation or to a nation as a whole rather than to any part of it
The national health service hotline is not working.
[noun] – a plan of activities to be done or things to be achieved
The E2E program would generate a lot of new jobs.
[adverb] – a lot or many times
The doctor is often more to be feared than the disease.
[noun] – the group of people who work for an organization
All the hospital staff were wonderfully supportive.
True or False:
- The antigen was discovered by the health minister, Kasunobu Kato.
- The approval of the antigen was announced last May 12.
- The individual who will be tested positive in the antigen test will need to take the PRC test to make sure if they are infected.
- The antigen detects the presence of a protein that is often used to detect influenza.
- To prevent the spread of the virus, the medical staff and confirmed patients will be tested with the antigen, too.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- December 25 is a ______ holiday.
- All the hospital ______ were called for a meeting.
- Mother’s Day was celebrated ______ May 10.
- Valentine’s Day is ______ dedicated to women.
- I watched a ______ about health care.