- Do you like ordering food online?
- Do you know how to cook?
- cook /kook/
- customer /KUHS-tuh-mer/
- center /SEN-ter/
- help /help/
- dish /dish/
[noun] – someone who prepares and cooks food
I love eating at home because my mother is a great cook.
[noun] – a person who buys goods or a service: especially by trading with other countries
The customer requested extra sauce for his pasta.
[noun] – a building, office, etc. that is used for a particular business or activity
They made their building into an evacuation center during the typhoon.
[verb] – to make it possible or easier for someone to do something, by doing part of the work yourself or by providing advice, money, support, etc,
Police officers help people who are in need.
[noun] – food prepared in a particular way as part of a meal
Chefs need to be creative in presenting their dishes.
Thai capital, Bangkok, introduced another idea to promote food products using delivery service with the messaging app LINE wherein the customer will place their orders, drop off in the hostel, then carry out by motorbike couriers. The hostel also changed their business style into a center to help food sellers around the area.
People from Myanmar’s biggest city, Yangon, made a crowdfunding event to help food dwellers. This event aims to raise money to support food sellers, who are desperate to sell their goods in spite of the danger from this crisis.
Despite this unfortunate event, creative cooks are being innovative to make ends meet applying visionary strategies to deliver their mouthwatering dishes. Surely, they deserve to be called creative cooks of Southeast Asia.
True or False:
- European cooks are thinking of ways to sell their food products.
- Food sellers are also known as “hawkers”.
- The Facebook group has over 300,000 members.
- The capital of Thailand introduced delivery service to food sellers and their customers.
- Messaging app LINE was used in the delivery service.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- There were many ________ in the grocery store because of the promo.
- The chef in her restaurant is a great ____.
- The foundation built a ______ to help poor people.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu is Ricky’s favorite ____.
- Ana wants to ____ her mother in cleaning their house.