© Liu Zhongjun via CNN
- What countries have you already been to?
- Are you anxious about the spread of COVID-19?
- government /GUHV-ern-muhnt/
- honor /ON-er/
- initial /ih-NISH-uhl/
- occurring /uh-KUR-ing/
[noun] – happening
Earthquakes keep on occurring in this area.
- anxious /ANGK-shuhs
[noun] –the group of people who officially control a country
The government planned to build the first nuclear power plant in the country.
[verb] – in order to celebrate or show great respect for someone or something
We have to honor the sacrifices of our ancestors.
[adjective] – of or at the beginning
The HR staff announced that I passed the initial interview.
[adjective] – worried and nervous
She became anxious when her stomach started to feel pain.
Chen Qianmei, a citizen of Southern Guangzhou, flew to Shanghai on Tuesday to have a relaxation time. She said that she is not anxious about the virus. Despite it, she is still doing some actions to prevent unpleasant things from occurring. “I think China has (the virus) under pretty good control,” she said. “I’m wearing masks and bringing alcohol wipes with me to clean my hands, especially before eating — although in Shanghai, few people wear masks now.”
- Which country succeeded in containing the spread of COVID-19?
- How many Chinese are expected to go on vacation for the National Day holiday?
- Based on the article, how do the Chinese people view the Golden Week?
- What part of China is Chen Qianmei from?
- What actions does Chen Qianmei do to prevent unpleasant things from occurring?
- If you lived in China, would you also travel to celebrate the Golden Week holiday this year or would you just stay home? Why?
- Which city in China would you like to go to? Why?
- Do you agree with Chen Qianmei? Please explain your answer.
- How is your country’s fight against Covid-19?
- What does your government do to slowly boost its economy?