- Do you like attending events?
- What kind of events do you like attending to?
- encourage /en-KUR-ij/
- modern /MOD-ern/
- delay /dih-LEY/
- international /in-ter-NASH-uh-nl/
- achieve /uh-CHEEV/
[verb] – to help someone to feel confident and able to do something, or to give advice to someone to do something
It’s important to encourage people to do their best in everything they do.
[adjective] – designed and made using the most recent ideas and methods
Modern technology helps us in many ways.
[verb] – to make something happen at a later time than originally planned or expected
The movie was delayed to next month.
[adjective] – involving more than one country
Mina already arrived at the international airport.
[verb] – to do or obtain something that you wanted after planning and working to make it happen
Let’s do our best to achieve our goals for this month.
True or False:
- There will be visitors from over 190 countries.
- The event was delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- No updates are posted on Expo’s official website.
- Expo 2020’s theme is “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future.”
- The event will end on March 21, 2020.
Fill in the blanks:
- Annie’s the president of an _____ organization of 10 countries.
- My students think _____ English is easier to study than the old one.
- Our aim is to _____ higher sales this month.
- Sam’s parents _____ him to pass the entrance exam.
- They _____ the event’s opening date to next year.