- Have you ever been in an international event? If yes, how was it? If not, what event would you like to attend and why?
- Do you think attending international events is interesting? Why or why not?
- construction /kuhn-STRUHK-shuhn/
- theme /theem/
- period /PEER-ee-uhd/
- finalize /FAHYN-l-ahyz/
- commercial /kuh-MUR-shuhl/
[noun] – the work of building or making something, especially buildings, bridges, etc.
We cannot visit our old school right now. It’s under construction.
[noun] – the main subject of a talk, book, film, etc.
Since it’s October, we should pick a Halloween theme for our event.
[noun] – a length of time
According to the contract, training will run a 3-month period.
[verb] – to make a final and certain decision about a plan, date, etc.
We need to finalize the design by next month.
[adjective] – relating to businesses and their activities
They’re going to use the old building as a commercial site for their new business.
According to a press release, the buildings’ and walkways’ initiatives are to be finalized by the end of December 2020. Investments have been put to the development of transport and infrastructure in Dubai, and the city plans to reuse 80% of it as a combined commercial and residential site. “We hope that people will join us to achieve our objectives to bring the world together and put humanity and the planet on the right path towards dignity for all,” Expo 2020 Dubai and UAE Minister of State for International Cooperation Director General Reem Al Hashimy said.
- What is Expo 2020’s theme for next year?
- When will the buildings’ and walkways’ initiatives be finalized according to a press release?
- What did Expo’s official website release?
- According to the article, when will the event end?
- Why was Expo 2020 delayed to next year?
- What comes into your mind when you hear the word “innovation”?
- What is your opinion about Dubai reusing the Expo’s buildings?
- What real world problems do you think your country is facing right now?
- Do you think technology will significantly help us in solving real world problems? Please share your thoughts.
- Do you think everyone, including children, should help in solving real world problems? Why or why not?