- How often do you travel by plane?
- When travelling domestically, do you prefer travelling by plane or by shinkansen? Please tell me more.
- aviation /ey-vee-EY-shuhn/
- headquarters /HED-kwawr-terz/
- lesser /LES-er/
- cut down /KUHT doun/
- impact /IM-pakt/
[noun] – the activity of flying aircraft, or of designing, producing, and keeping them in good condition
My father is one of the managers of an aviation company.
[noun] – the main offices of an organization such as an army, the police, or a business company
Please call the main headquarters in Paris immediately.
[adjective] – not as great in size, amount, or important as something else
The new medication Anne has been taking has a lesser effect than her old one.
[phrasal verb] – the reduce the amount or number of something
One way to cut down water pollution is to reuse items, especially plastic.
[noun] – a powerful effect that something, especially something new, has on a situation or person
The president’s speech left a positive impact on the people.
In January, Microsoft mentioned that the company will come up with plans to help reduce air pollution. Their first step is to book lesser business flights and use cleaner fuel. The SAF company said that using cooking and plant oil has 75% less carbon dioxide compared to traditional fuel, which will help to heavily cut down emissions. Judson Althoff, executive vice president of Microsoft, stated, “We hope this sustainable aviation fuel model will be used by other companies as a way to reduce the environmental impact of their business travel.”
- Where will Microsoft buy fuel credits?
- Alaska Airlines will operate the flights between what places?
- When did Microsoft announce its plans to help reduce air pollution?
- Based on the article, cooking and plant oil has less carbon emissions compared to traditional fuel by how many percent?
- According to the Dutch SAF company, where will the fuel be made?
- What is your opinion about Microsoft’s first step in dealing with air pollution?
- Do you think Microsoft should also contribute in dealing with other environmental problems? Please share your thoughts.
- What environmental issues do you have in your country?
- Enumerate some things that can be recycled.
- What do you think will happen if our environment keeps getting polluted?