© Nature Conservancy of Canada via CNN.com
- Do you watch dinosaur movies?
- Do you think dinosaurs are interesting?
- fossil /FOS-uhl/
- hike /hahyk/
- organization /awr-guh-nuh-ZEY-shuhn/
- ago /uh-GOH/
- director /dih-REK-ter/
[noun] – the shape of a bone, a shell, or a plant or animal that has been preserved in rock for a very long period
The fossil is believed to be 10 million years old.
[noun] – a long walk, especially in the countryside
Millie and John went on a hike with their college friends.
[noun] – a group of people who work together in an organized way for a shared purpose
The organization supports local athletes.
[adverb] – back in time from the present
Philip’s family came to the U.S. 25 years ago.
[noun] – a manager of an organization, company, college, etc
The audience were in tears after hearing the director’s inspiring story.
True or False:
- Nathan Hrushkin, a twelve year old boy found the fossil together while on a hike with his brother Dion.
- A hadrosaur is a kind of dinosaur that eats plants.
- Nathan found a humerus bone fossil found in the hadrosaur’s upper ribs.
- 4. Hadrosaurs are believed to have lived 69 million years ago.
- The Smithsonian museum’s director said that Nathan’s discovery is important.
Fill in the blanks:
- I think he came here 12 minutes _______.
- The museum _______ gave a speech yesterday.
- The young boy found a dinosaur _______.
- It was an _______ that helps stray and injured animals.
- Our classmates went on a _______ last year in the province.