- What do you think causes burnout?
- Do you feel too busy sometimes? In what way?
- burnout /BURN-out/
- contribute /kuhn-TRIB-yoot/
- overcome /oh-ver-KUHM/
- lately /LEYT-lee/
- seek /seek/
[noun] – the state of having no energy or enthusiasm because of working too hard, or someone who shows the effects of this state
Burnout is quite common among teachers.
[verb] – to be one of the reasons why something happens
Working straight for hours contributes to burnout and stress.
[verb] – to defeat or succeed in controlling or dealing with something
Overcome our weaknesses by recognizing them first.
[adverb] – recently
James hasn’t been texting or calling me lately.
[verb] – to search for something or try to find or obtain something
Drivers are advised to seek alternative routes.
There are several types of burnouts, such as parental burnout, relationship burnout, political burnout, fitness burnout, and even Zoom and video game burnout. The pandemic and work-from-home setup have also contributed to burnout. Based on a survey conducted by a job-site in July, 69% of those working from home had been experiencing burnout. So what are ways to recover from burnout?
Stela Salminen, doctoral candidate from the University of Jyväskylä (pronounced as “Yuvaskula”), Finland, conducted research and studies on this matter. Based on her observations, those who recovered from burnout have one thing in common: they realize they’re in control. Salminen further explains that if people experiencing burnout somehow “influence” their environment, they can come up with ways on how to overcome it.
Have you been having trouble sleeping lately? Then look for ways on how to change your sleeping habits. Sleep is a very important factor for self-recovery, as it’s a way to “reset” our minds and bodies. Also, separate work like from non-work life, especially since most of us are working from home. Finally, make sure you alot time for your personal life. Try new hobbies and exercise routines.
However, the most important way out of those listed above, according to Salminen, is that recovery must come from within. Start by doing your best to overcome burnout yourself, and then seek motivation from people you trust, such as your friends and family. Begin doing self-recovery to beat burnout!
- In the article, what are three ways in order for us to overcome burnout?
- What did Salminen discover in her studies?
- Less than a decade ago, what was burnout recognized as?
- What is the most important way to overcome burnout according to Salminen?
- Kindly enumerate the types of burnout mentioned in the article.
- Why do you think working from home causes burnout?
- When you are stressed or experiencing burnout, do you like being alone or with other people? Kindly share.
- Does burnout make it difficult for you to think or act? Please tell me more.
- How do you balance work and personal life?
- What do you think is the greatest cause of burnout to people?