- Have you felt stress recently?
- What do you do when you are stressed?
- parental /puh-REN-tl/
- within /with-IN/
- habit /HAB-it/
- personal /PUR-suh-nl/
- routine /roo-TEEN/
[adjective] – relating to parents or to being a parent
Parental care is needed for minors.
[preposition] – inside
The fire started from within one of the hotel rooms.
[noun] – a particular act or way of acting that you tend to do regularly
Allen has a habit of tapping his foot when he’s nervous.
[adjective] – private or relating to someone’s private life
The novel is written from personal experience.
[noun] – a usual or fixed way of doing things
Exercise is already part of my daily routine.
According to Salminen’s studies, those who recovered from burnout have one thing in common: they somehow “influenced” their environment. This means that they defeated burnout by controlling what’s giving them stress. For example, if you’re having a hard time sleeping, why not change your sleeping habits? Sleep is a way to reset our bodies and minds, so it’s a very important factor to burnout recovery.
Another way is to separate professional and personal life, especially since the work-from-home setup has been causing stress lately. Finally, let’s not forget to give enough time to ourselves. Try to look for new hobbies and exercise routines. But of course, doing these things may not be easy. What we need is motivation, and we can find that from our close friends and family. Let’s begin self-recovery from burnout starting today!
True or False:
- Working from home has been causing stress lately.
- We can find motivation from our close friends and family.
- According to Salminen’s studies, burnout recovery must come from other people.
- Sleep is not an important factor to burnout recovery.
- It is recommended to change your sleeping habits if you are having difficulties sleeping.
Fill in the blanks:
- Self-recovery starts from _____.
- Paperwork is already part of my _____ task at work.
- Don’t share any _____ information on social media.
- _____ guidance is needed for this film.
- Make washing your hands before every meal a _____.