- How clean do you think the air that you breathe in is?
- Do you consider yourself an environmentalist? Why or why not?
- aim /eym/
- policy /POL-uh-see/
[verb] – to intend
He aims to be a good husband in the future.
[adjective] – relating to a set of ideas or a plan of what to do in particular situations that has been agreed to officially by a group of people, a business organization, a government, or a political party
What is your country’s policy on immigration?
[noun] – a formal talk given usually to a large number of people on a special occasion
Did you hear her speech at the Oscars ceremony?
[adverb] – exactly
What do you think the conflict is, precisely?
Greenpeace accepted Suga’s goal by saying it is “precisely the kind of action the world needs.” Japan already said that it would be carbon-neutral as shortly as possible by the year 2050, rather than set a definite date. To succeed, Suga stated that new solar cells and carbon recycling would be useful, and Japan would promote research and development, simultaneously with digitalizing society.
- Who is Yoshihide Suga?
- What did he announce about his administration?
- Why is Japan one of the biggest emitters of carbon dioxide?
- What would Japan promote?
- What is Greenpeace?
- What do you think about the prime minister’s idea?
- Do you think his plan is possible by 2050?
- What kind of organization do you belong to? Tell me about it.
- How are you going to participate in this kind of program?
- What are the things that contribute to air pollution?