- Do you know what carbon-neutral means?
- Do you support environmental organizations?
- intend /in-TEND
- pronounce /pruh-NOUNS /
- recycling/ree-SAHY-kuhling /
[verb] – to have as a plan or purpose
How do you intend to handle this problem?
[noun] – a group of people who work together in an organized way for a shared purpose
The company has changed over the years into a charitable organization.
[verb] – to say something officially or certainly
The jury pronounced him guilty.
[noun] – the process of collecting and changing old paper, glass, plastic, etc. so that it can be used again
The organization has taught us positive effects of recycling.
[adjective] – effective; helping you to do or achieve something
Does exercise serve any useful purpose?
True or False:
- Greenpeace has followed Japan and they looked into their suspended development on lessening greenhouse gas emissions.
- Yoshihide Suga is the Prime Minister of Japan.
- Switching to carbon-neutral by 2050 is not possible for Japan.
- Japan is one of the biggest emitters of carbon dioxide.
- Japan would further research and development, concurrently with digitalizing society.
Fill in the blanks:
- The government _____ that they will support charitable organizations.
- I made a promise to her and I _____ to keep it.
- These small shops in the village serve a very _____ purpose.
- We have gathered old newspapers, bottles and cans for _____ at home.
- The hospital has asked various _____ to help raise money for cancer patients.