- Do you take vitamins every day?
- What do you do when you are sick?
- early /UR-lee/
- study /STUHD-ee/
- patient /PEY-shuhnt/
- required /ri-KWAHYUHRD/
- yearly /YEER-lee/
[adjective] – being or occurring at an early stage of development
The vaccine showed effectiveness in its early stage of tests.
[noun] – the act of examining something in order to discover new information
Recent studies show that the pandemic is getting weaker.
[noun] – a person who is receiving medical care, or who is cared for by a particular doctor or dentist when necessary
Please go and see the patient right away.
[adjective] – necessary according to the rules or for a particular purpose
It’s required to pass the entrance exam to get into a university.
[adverb] – every year or once every year
The shop gives free samples of their cookies yearly.
True or False:
- Pfizer tested the vaccine on 43,538 volunteers.
- For the vaccine to take effect, a person must have two shots of it.
- 95 patients who are positive to the virus showed 10% less infection after taking two shots of the vaccine.
- The vaccine is on its third phase of test since July this year.
- Bourla mentioned that they have already decided when to distribute the vaccine.
Fill in the blanks:
- Companies have _____ Christmas parties.
- The _____ is already in the intensive care unit (ICU).
- According to _____, taking notes using pen and paper is better than typing.
- The scientists carefully studied the virus in its _____ stages.
- An identification card is _____ to gain access to the office.