- Do you spend any holiday with your family?
- Do you have any plans to travel this year?
- celebrate /SEL-uh-breyt/
[verb] – to take part in special enjoyable activities in order to show that a particular occasion is important
I always celebrate Thanksgiving with my family.
- holiday /HOL-i-dey/
- screen /skreen/
- danger /DEYN-jer /
[noun] – an official day when you do not have to go to work or school
June 12 is a public holiday in my country.
[verb] – to test or examine someone or something to discover if there is anything wrong with him, her, or it
Women in that community should be screened for breast cancer.
[verb] – to spend time thinking about a possibility or making a decision
I want some time to consider before say yes to the proposal.
[noun] – the possibility of harm or death to someone
Ted drove quickly and I really felt my life was in danger.
True or False:
- The number of people traveling to celebrate Thanksgiving grew as new coronavirus cases reached 100,000 a day in the United States.
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention gave an order last November 19, 2020, forcing Americans not to travel for Thanksgiving.
- On November 20, 2020, the number of travelers screened at US airport security checkpoints surpassed 1 million for only the second time following May.
- Gail Duilio, an ex-public health nurse in Portland, Oregon, had considered not flying to Minnesota for the holiday.
Fill in the blanks:
- December 30 is a _____ in the Philippines.
- She doesn’t even realize the _____ of sleeping late at night.
- The people were _____ before allowing them to be inside the building.
- We’re going to _____ Christmas together.
- Grace is _____ whether to go on vacation or stay home over the weekend.